“Matching the worker to the work”
- Measures the maximum, objective physical strength of the individual related to work abilities.
- Determines a worker’s tolerance levels to specific activities.
- Offers safe procedures that prevent injuries during the testing procedure.
- Links functional deficits with physical causes.
- Can identify the difference between maximum and sub maximal effort to rate cooperation and consistency of effort given.
Provides a very specific and objective informational report that includes observations, conclusions and recommendations.
A Functional Capacity Evaluation addresses such areas as lifting, pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and dexterity. It addresses 29 items over a 5-hour period of time.
The testing is completed by a registered, licensed Occupational Therapist and safe procedures are utilized. Patient/employee safety is of the utmost importance during the test procedure.